Saturday, April 01, 2006

Memoirs of a Novice Badminton Player

Just finish with the training that I’m having here at the badminton court Smash Island near our house. This is my 3rd day of training with coach Jimmy.

I would just like to log in here the important things I need remember while playing the game.

1) Always keep my arm up. It should be always ready, aiming at the shuttle. It would lessen the travel time on hitting the ball.

2) After hitting the ball in front (in this position, my right foot is in front because I’m right handed; -at this position, my body is facing to the west), skip 1 or 2 then shift my clockwise where in my body will face the north-east. Then run backwards to go back to your original position or to aim at the ball that is toss behind you.

Before, I was running backwards while my body is facing the net (or sometimes still facing north west), then at the last moment, ill shift my body to face the east and then smash the ball. Unfortunately buy doing this, sometimes I forget to shift my body to the east therefore when I try to smash the ball, my body is in a twisted awkward position in which many times it hurts when I smash.

3) Movement from the center of the court to the right side is different from the movement from the center of the court to the left side.

From the ready position where my legs are spread apart and knees bend, I run to the right, I which my first step will be by left foot. Then my second step will be my right because it will the same time I’ll be hitting the ball.

From the ready position, I single side step to the left, then shift my body turning counter clockwise where in still my second step will be my right foot. The second step will also the same time where in ill be hitting the ball.

Hmmm… I know there is more… I guess I’m just too tired to think na.

**Sorry if my terms used here are in correct. I’m just a novice you know =). I’ll try to be accurate on describing badminton terms as I play more.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home